Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sports. And. Us.

I've been planning to do a post on our summer sports adventures. But it's going to be just a list of honorable mentions instead.

I've love the World Cup. Love it. But with the US, Chile, and Mexico being knocked out the passed round, I don't quite know who to watch. Probably Brazil. Maybe Argentina.

Miriam is taking a little sports class. She's pretty cute about it and, biased as I may be, is quite good. She's much better at soccer and kickball than basketball. But she sure is excited for t-ball, which is next week's sport. Not that others have to do poorly for me to think she's amazing, but she was the only one in the class that got the concept of kicking the soccer ball around the circle of moms and arriving back at her own mom. I'm so proud.

I also signed is up for a little dance class. It said 12 months and up and that it was for families, so I figured it would be little-kid oriented with the older kids being okay. When we signed up, Miriam voiced that she did not want to go, so I made a point of saying that it was Eli's class. She sighed and consented to help Eli at his dance class. Well, we showed up and the class was pretty much aimed exactly to a three year old little girl, even one who isn't into the dress-up-ballerina-sparkly-tutu stuff at all. Before I could even get into the circle with Elijah, she was involved and loving it. She jump, claps, turns around, freezes when the music stops and even gets into first position. Of course instead of doing pleis while she's in first position, she likes to "dance crazy." I guess she can't be perfect at everything. Elijah's likes it when we get to dance crazy right by the mirror. Other than he's not too involved. It may be Miriam's favorite 30 minutes of the whole week but she still calls it Eli's dance class.

The Jazz drafted Gordon Hayward from Butler for their #9 pick. I LOVE THIS GUY! He's clean-cut, adorable, humble, underdoggish, but at the same time amazingly talented in terms of both athleticism and leadership. No, he's not the "big guy" we need, but we've needed a good big guy ever since Ostertag left. Or got there :). I think he'll be perfect, I think he'll fit in wonderfully, and being from Indiana I think he and Coach Sloan will have a lot of great crop talk. And to all those who boo-ed when they annouced that Gordon Hayward was the man, I dare you to tell me you didn't like him in March. I dare you to because pretty much THE ENTIRE WORLD LOVED HIM IN MARCH! Or at least everybody but strict Duke fans. So there you have it.

And a non-sports item. Brent's going backpacking in Southern Utah tomorrow. I'm driving to Boise with the two busters. Yep, me driving with two little children. Let's hope for the best.

No comments: