Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay!

Miracle #1: I am back in the swing of church and was giving my lesson to my Beehives on Sunday. Because Eli does so much better if he's not getting in or out of his carseat, we walked to church. I pushed Miriam in the stroller and had Eli in his wrap. He fell asleep on the walk to church, stayed asleep through opening exercises (we have Sacrament last), and continued sleeping peacefully through the entire lesson. He started fussing and crying after the closing prayer and as the girls were filing out of the class. Perfect timing!

Miracle #2: Brent opted to stay home and utilize the three hours of nobody-else-home time to work on finishing his Master's thesis (barring an unforseen catastrophe, we should have his degree in May). Which meant I was going to be in Sacrament meeting with a two year old and a two month old alone. And being in Sacrament meeting with the two year old and two parents was hard enough! But Miriam was an absolute angel! She sat and talked with Eli and Piper, the baby girl behind us, most of the time. She asked for some goldfish and sat munching on them until some of them swam off the bench (it was more like getting thrown off, but as she let go, she said "swim swim swim!"). When asked, though, she quietly got down and picked them all up. She then colored until the closing prayer. Elijah was awake at the start of the meeting, then finished his bottle and fell asleep. And stayed asleep. Easy as that. It was the calmest and most relaxed Sacrament meeting I have had for the past two years! The patriarch and his wife even commented how good Miriam had been and that she definately earned an A+. Hooray!

Miracle #3: This morning at 5, Miriam started screaming and crying saying "OW! HURT!" She has constipation issues (considering the last post, it may be in the genes) and hadn't pooped for a while. An hour and a half later after two enemas (she hopped on the potty after the first and it all fell out), 12 ounces of pear juice and a lot of straining, she finally produced. Exhausted, she went back to bed and back to sleep. Eli had gotten up in the middle of all this. Brent gave him a bottle and put him back to bed. After washing the night's bottles, I decided to risk going back to bed myself. I hate having to wake up to crying, so frequently I'll just stay up once I'm up but I was so tired... Anyway, I woke up sometime later and felt rested! I checked the clock and it was 9:30. YES! NINE THIRTY IN THE MORNING AND BOTH OF MY CHILDREN WERE STILL ASLEEP! I luxuriated in bed for about fifteen minutes, which really is my favorite thing to do in the world and which I needless to say don't do much these days. There just is nothing like the feeling of being rested and still in bed, stretching and thinking. Ahhhh! Anyway, they both started stirring about 10 and have both had marvelously happy days. And so have I. It's amazing what a little (or a lot of) sleep can do for a mama and her two kids!

Can I get an HALLELUJAH!?!?

4 comments:

erin said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hallelujah! By the way, my daughter had been experiencing some of the same major plugged up issues, and we finally resolved it with Miralax. My doctor recommended it, and it changed everything. I just put it in any type of liquid, its tasteless and completely dissolves. It does nothing chemically to the body, but just draws water to the bowels and makes things so much easier. I wish I had known about it sooner, because she was getting tramautized by the alternative treatments. It's been a life changer and helped with potty training, too. Anyway, fyi. :)

Britney said...

Hallelujuh! Ah sleep...ya gotta love it. Yahoo on the Sacrament meeting miracle, impressive!
Brit

Mom/Nana said...

Gives a whole new meaning to the old war quote "Amen and pass the ammunition." Now it's pass the ammo and shout Hallelujah!