Monday, November 2, 2009

The first cut is the deepest

After much discussion and debate, we have decided to finish the basement. Brent would have done it a year ago, I needed more time to realize that it will be well worth it. We hired a contractor, moved all our stuff to the corners, and they started last week.

This is the north wall of our basement as of last Thursday morning:

And this is the same wall tonight:


The process has begun! We're going to have a large play/family/tv/office room, a bedroom, a bathroom, a storage area, and an unfinished bedroom/additional storage area. I am so excited for this! I usually get terrible cases of post-decision dissonance, but I'm really excited for this! HOORAY FOR STEVE THE BUILDER!

1 comment:

Mom/Nana said...

What???? You couldn't find a contractor named Bob? I'm so excited for your new adventure. Good decision.....no pre nor past dissonence allowed. It's the right choice.