Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gentlemen, start your engines!

Elijah loves food. There's just no getting around it.










A few weeks ago, I figured Eli would be crawling within the week. He was just SO CLOSE! I would surround him with his favorite toys and wonder why he just sat there crying. Last week Brent figured out that I was using the wrong kind of bait. FOOD. In one afternoon spent with his dad, Elijah crawled to cookies, crackers, and cheese. The only times he didn't get there were when Miriam took pity on him and moved the food closer so he didn't have to struggle so much. The next day, a mom got goldfish out for her kid during storytime at the library. Eli honed in on it and took off. Now he can go pretty much anywhere he wants to and he is simply pleased as punch about the whole thing. He is so much more content and happy and it is so fun hearing squeals of delight when he gets to something he's been working on. He has a hitch-in-the-get-along technique that we call the Gollum Crawl. He crawls on one knee, but uses his foot on the other leg. He cruises along at a pretty good clip considering that last week he couldn't even hold himself in crawling position. Eli's cousin Henry was the first kid I ever saw use the Gollum Crawl and I was fascinated with it. When Eli started doing it I was thrilled! It's definately hereditary. Anyway, I was going to put on a little clip of Elijah going after a goldfish. It's completely adorable. But I can't find the camera right now and don't want to look for it. When it shows up, however, you'll be the first to know!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That is hilarious! Food is a great motivator for me also! How fast that little one has grown...he sure is a cutie! Way to go!