Monday, September 13, 2010

Boot-Scootin

When I was uploading pictures from my birthday I realized that some of these pictures were in fact in movie form! That makes me really happy because when we arrived at the venue that night, I realized my movie camera's batteries were dead. As a member of the Midvale Arts Council, I participated in some karaoke contests this summer due to lack of a lot of other participation. After 50s night and 80s night, Miriam asked if she could sing on Country night. So she chose a song and worked it up. We did Alan Jackson's Tall Tall Trees. I am admitedly biased, but she did a fantastic job. I sang with her so she could stay "on," but I think she did a great job. AND she got 3rd place and won a $50 gift certificate to WalMart! Not too shabby!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That is so dang cute! Way to go Miriam! I love that there is no fear of performing in that child. She must be your daughter peej :).

And I loved the brief synopsis on your favorite classical pieces. Perhaps I'll work on my own collection.

Have a good weekend!