Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And the winner is...

Britney!! By way of introduction, Britney is my dear friend with whom I was randomly assigned as roommates at Ricks College. Together we somehow survived homesickness, roommate drama, boy drama, lack of food, and school. We lived together in Rexburg for two school years. She went on a mission to Honduras while I was in Chile (and there's a hazy memory that we were in the MTC at the same time... but that might be just a dream). Afterwards, we both went to Utah State and always took Spanish classes together. She was in love with the way one of the teachers said "Ute and Payute." I never caught the vision, even after he repeated it numerous times, but I remember it to this day. Good times, good times. Britney married Brandon in May (I think it was May) of 2000 (so they don't have to count to know how long they've been married) and I was a bridesmaid. I still have the purpley/diamondy bead necklace we as bridesmaids wore. She currently lives in Idaho Falls area with her four girls, one in 2nd grade, kindergarten, then twin toddlers. And Brandon, of course.
The Happy-Birthday-to-Paige-Prize that Britney has won was inspired by Marika's comment and Ginger's follow-up. And dipping also from Eleanor Roosevelt. Yes, inspiration from Marika, Ginger, AND Eleanor! You can't beat that. A favorite quote of mine from Eleanor Roosevelt is "A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music. That would be rest." So to my favorite mother-of-twins, I am sending you REST! Even in Eastern Idaho, September is finally a great season for a day out-of-doors. For the someone I loved to talk with (loved here is used, I believe and at least when I say it, in the subjunctive tense meaning a wish or desire rather than in the past tense meaning the person is gone), you'll get a picture of me! For the good book, I am sending a pre-loved copy of Fannie Flagg's "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven." It is a delightful story that takes very little focus and brainpower, yet brought me such joy. You can keep it and read it, or pass it on if you've read it (or don't like it). For the simple food I am sending my favorite microwave popcorn, Pop Secret Homestyle. If you haven't tried this yet, you're in for a treat. Honestly the best popcorn ever. Well, maybe kettlecorn fresh from the kettle is better but even that's close. And for the music, I will openly admit that my knowledge of current music is pathetically woeful. My favorite song of the past year was Feist's 1-2-3-4, but the Sesame Street version. "1-2-3-4 monsters walkin' 'cross the floor. I love counting, counting to the number 4..." And that's not on iTunes. I know. I've checked. So instead of recent hits, your CD will be Paige's Favorite Classical Pieces. And there you have it. A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music. A recipe for rest if I (or Eleanor) has ever heard it.
Thanks to all who participated in my first-annual birthday drawing! It helped make my birthday wonderful.

4 comments:

Britney said...

Yahoo! Thanks for making my day...to celebrate your day! Also, thanks for the relatively mild and unembarassing "intro." You have a lot of personal information you could use against me. I'm glad you're still my friend even though we met at a very young and immature age! :) You are one of the smartest and most talented ladies I know!
Love YOU!
PS I'm so excited for my Prize!! Sounds perfect!

Paige Moore said...

I won't go into them if you don't :) Looking back, I didn't like myself much during those years and I didn't keep in touch with many people who knew me at that time... I think because of it. I'm glad we were good for each other!

Marika said...

Sounds like a worthy winner! Glad I could offer some inspiration. :) Hope your day was special!!

erin said...

Happy Birthday to you PAIGIE!! You are loved!!!