Wednesday, September 9, 2009

GOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!

Brent has developed a new passion for Mexican league soccer. He knows the teams (Atlas is his favorite), the players, and watches the games. It is his new favorite pasttime. On Cinco de Mayo, he took Miriam to the local Mexican "stuff" store and laid out all of the keychains of the various teams. After much careful deliberation, she chose Pachuca. She knows their symbol and can identify them by name. She can also identify the favorite teams of everybody who has told her. Despite the fervor that is in the home, however, Brent hasn't played soccer since his Sandy Rec days. Long long ago. That doesn't stop Miriam from seeing her dad as Superman. The other day as they were watching a game she said, "when I grow up, I want to play soccer just like you, daddy." Ah to be adored and idolized!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Is that supposed to say GOAL? :) I love my sister!

Paige Moore said...

Yeah, I suppose technically it is. But when I hear the guy yell it for 3 straight minutes, I can only picture it in Spanish. Namely "gol." But I'm glad you love me!