Sunday, December 19, 2010

TRUCKS

My boy Elijah loves trucks. Oh boy oh boy. He loves watching big ones, he loves playing with small ones. He can sit and watch a ten minute youtube video of a garbage truck on its route without moving a muscle. "Truck" was one of his very first words but it took me a surprisingly long time to realize that DRRRRR meant truck. DRRRRR has evolved greatly and now most everybody understands that he's saying "truck." So for Christmas, Santa excitedly purchased a big old bag of matchbox-type cars, along with some track and other sundry truck accessories off of ksl.com. I wrapped up the bag nice and tight and stuck it clear under the guest room bed in the basement, because it was kind of heavy for the top of the shelf that Santa is using for the rest of his stuff. Imagine the joy and excitement that Eli felt in his heart when his random poking around under large objects finally resulted in a huge bag of TRUCKS! HOLY MOLY! I wish I could have seen him find the bag and realize what was in it. Instead, I only saw the utmost radiance around his face after he dragged the bag (and it's not light) to the bottom of the stairs and started unloading it. OH WHAT A FIND! "Can you believe this, mom? Somebody left a huge bag of trucks under the bed down here! I'm sure glad I looked because WOW these are just sitting there doing no good! Aren't you glad I found them?" Please note also the record amounts of snot this boy sports. When he was in the hospital with RSV at 6 weeks, the nurses said he had the snot production of a 2 year old. Now that he's almost two, that has multiplied accordingly. I wish I had taken the camera downstairs with me because once there, I saw that he was taking the cars out one by one and sorting them by type. To his right he has lined up all the van-type/big trucks. On one of the stairs he has the trucks with Sesame Street characters. I told him to help me clean them up and he could go show one to dad. Surprisingly enough, he did it right off. And ran as fast as he could to show his new car (he chose a crane with Bert driving it) to dad. I think Santa made a darn good choice! And Christmas morning will be a HIT!

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh my:) That is so funny! So did Santa re-give the trucks or did he find even more to give? That face is truely one of pure bliss!