Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Things I Love #1: Sesame Street


I grew up on Sesame Street and watching it with Miriam makes me feel like the circle is complete. I loved it as a child. As an adult, it is almost even better. They still have The Letter of the Day, The Number of the Day, Fairy Tale Breaking News, Hooper's Store, and Trash Gordon. They've added Rosita with the Spanish Word of the Day, Elmo and Elmo's World, and Abby Cadabby, one of the cutest little fairies in training I've ever seen. One of my favorite things about Sesame Street is the special celebrity appearances. Ben Stiller was on the "People in my Neighborhood" segment with Telly. After singing the song about the mail lady and the milk man, he dressed up as a piece of cheese and sang about how cheese is a person in your neighborhood. Then decided that wasn't a good idea when the mail lady and the milk man came back hungry and saw a hunk of cheddar. The Dixie Chicks sang "There's No Letter Better than B" to the tune of "I Can Love You Better Than That" with Big Bird, Bert, and Baby Bear. The letter of the day that day was "B." Anderson Cooper, the CNN reporter, joined Oscar's GNN (Grouch News Network) crew. Alicia Keys sang and danced with Elmo, Alison Kraus and Union Station sang and counted with the Count, and Travis Tritt actually appeared in Elmo's World. Rachael Ray, Robert DiNiro, Gloria Estefan, Diana Krall, Dr. Phil, Ann Curry, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Al Roker have all appeared in various silly situations with our favorite monsters of Sesame Street. I also love the celebrities appearing in monster form. Donald Grump showed up one day looking for a trash apprentice, Dr. Feel stepped in for a self-help show, and Dan Rather-Not said he'd rather not answer any questions. With Sesame Street it really is a sunny day, chasing the clouds away. I feel that I'm on my way to where the air is sweet. Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

2 comments:

Kacie said...

I will have to check that out....I didnt really even know that sesame street was still on TV.....what kind of mother am I?

Paige Moore said...

Oh you're in for a treat! I don't know if Logan channels are the same as Midvale, but here it's on 11(KBYU) from 1-2 (right before naptime... it's great). It's also on 7(KUTV) from 6-7am, but I'm not getting up that early even for Sesame Street.