Saturday, January 16, 2010

Brilliant Boy

Elijah is 11 months old and absolutely fascinated with putting things into other things. I find crayons in the recycle bin, his glowbug in the dirty laundry, and cookies in the toy box. I have a lot of bins around to organize the stuff of life, and most of the toys are separated by toy type. The other day Elijah and I had put away the crayons in the crayon bin, and had moved on to putting away a building set kinda like huge Legos but not really. He picked up each piece, looked at it, and put it in the bin. Over and over and over. He picked up a crayon we had missed, looked at it, and put his hand over the building set bin. Then he froze. Utter confusion passed over his little face, then he looked all around, almost panicking, for the crayon bin. I slid it off the shelf and into his line of sight. A wave of relief flooded his expression and, shreiking happily, he put the crayon into the crayon bin with a satisfied "AAAAA!" Then it was back to the building set. I was so proud of my little guy! He is already a sorter, an organizer, an arranger. A genius! I LOVE MY BOY!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That is amazing! I can't imagine Pearce doing that in 6 weeks. I'll stop trying to keep up with the Moore's right now!

He sure is a cute boy! Good job! His future wife will appreciate that you taught him how to organize!