Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Free Tax Preparation

I just found out about this program called VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance). This is from their website: "VITA is a program implemented through the statewide EarnIt.KeepIt.SaveIt. Coalition made up of local community partners. The coalition works to recruit volunteers that proved free tax preparation services to low-to-moderate income households... If your household income is under $49,000 a year, you may be eligible for free tax preparation from IRS-trained community volunteers." WOW! How awesome is that?! I don't think I'm divulging too much when I say that our family comes in below the 49/year mark and we will be participating in these services. I'll let you know how it goes! Go to UtahTaxHelp.com.

1 comment:

erin said...

Hi Paigie,
As a non-Utah resident I am not eligible to participate but encourage all to do so! I just wanted to let you know I have not checked your blog in forever and now that I have, I left a couple comments and just wanted you to know. Have a wonderful day and I hope you get lots of deductibles;)