Friday, January 8, 2010

Congratulations Kelsey and Spencer!

Kelsey and Spencer are getting married! Hooray! I first met Spencer at Kelsey's birthday party about a year and a half ago. Kelsey had told me about him prior to the bash and told me he would be the one with a mustache but to not let him know I knew anything about him. He was indeed sporting a big fat hairy one but I just pretended that he looked normal and then I pretended that I didn't know all about him already. ANYWAY, Spencer has been a part of our lives since then and has attended major Moore family events such as Miriam's birthday party and Elijah's hospital stays, along with babysitting for us on our anniversary and other sundry nights. He and Kelsey hosted Thanksgiving dinner for us as well as my parents, Spencer's brother, and Spencer's mom. Brent likes that he is a fellow proud hair-shaver. I like that he will do all the research on major purchases and tell me about them. We ended up buying the virtually same tv on black Friday. Miriam likes that he has a Mexican league soccer team. The Pumas, if you were interested. Elijah just like him. Any time that Kelsey is going to come over, Miriam always asks "Is Spencer coming too?" I always have to text ahead of time because if he's not, I have to prepare her for that. We're so excited that he's going to be a permanent part of our family. CONGRATULATIONS TO KELSEY AND SPENCER! If you'd like, you can read Kelsey's post about the engagement on her blog.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I just have to defend the mustache, since that takes up an awkwardly large majority of his introduction.... He was doing it for FUN, with FRIENDS.... he's not a crazy cowboy or a child molester. And no, that was not what attracted me to him :)

Paige Moore said...

Oh, it wasn't awkward! It was completely endearing. But are they really FRIENDS when you end up looking like a crazy cowboy?

erin said...

Congratulations to both Kelsey and Spencer! Kelsey!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG?!?!?!?!!! What a great wedding proposal documentation. It is perfect and fun to read. I also read through your last year's stuff. I knew you were in a snowboarding accident, but holy hannah! Thank goodness we still have you. And that Mono picture. Oh sad sad sad. Poor little you! I have had a thoroughly enjoyable past 10 or 15 minutes reading about the life of you from your perspective. Such a talented girl. Thanks for writing your blog;) Sadly, I wanted to leave a comment, but I don't recall the google account you signed me up for (at least I think it was google...gmail??? I don't know) but suffice it to say I could not leave you a message so I am leaving it here. Thanks Paige for the use of your space:). Also, I had to laugh about the mustache cuz Henry just got a calendar from Adelle and Marse and the birthday squares have people's pictures to correspond with their days. So Chris' picture is one where he was joining in the fun of the Mustache March. Wow. How do you spell Fu Man Shoo? He looks like a crazy cowboy.

Kelsey said...

Ha- I noticed Chris's fu man chu and laughed... I think I know your password! It's Henry's name only with Henry first instead of as his middle name, bc I thought he was going by his first name, when in reality, he's not :)