Miriam hit the 15 month mark a few weeks ago and she had her checkup today. She weighs 23.2 pounds (50th percentile), and is 32 inches tall (90th percentile). Her head size stayed the same and is now at the 25th percentile, so we may be raising a pinhead. But she's a cute pinhead! She is an amazing little girl. Here are just a few of her major accomplishments:
1. She can crawl, walk, and run, depending on where she wants to go and what she wants to do there.
2. She can go up and down stairs all by herself.
3. She can go down a slide all by herself.
4. She knows her animals: she moos when she sees a cow, pants when she sees a dog, quacks when she sees a duck...
4. She knows her body parts. Some of them at least. She knows ears, hair, head, eyes, tongue, and usually nose. Once you ask her tongue, though, she has a hard time getting back on track.
5. She knows how to calm down and ask for something politely, using please.
6. She goes to bed at 7 and usually sleeps til 7 or later.
7. She takes 1-2 naps a day, and knows how to ask to go to bed. (Its usually just hanging on the side of the crib... still, it's an appropriate request!)
8. She eats pasta, cheese, green beans, black beans, carrots, corn, broccoli, hot dogs, pizza, pretzels, and goldfish.
9. She prefers water in her sippy cup and milk in her bottle.
10. She knows how to put things "in," and can put her toys and books away.
She is an amazing girl and I am thrilled to be her mom.