Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just a few reasons why I love Macey's grocery store

Complementary ice cream cones at the deli, Smarties at the cash register, and a free balloon as we leave the store. Usually the ice cream lasts until the Smarties, the balloon gets us to the car, and the Smarties get us home. Today we only had a few things to get so the ice cream lasted until we got home. Still, I'll take a little messy over a little whiney any day of the week. They're building a Winco here in Midvale, which is terribly exciting. I'll have to see what they hand out there, though, before I decide if it's possible for me to switch over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we have a WinCo and they don't give out diddly squat here! They might in Midvale because they have to compete with Macey's. A ballon, and ice cream cone AND some Smarties!?! My goodness. They absolutely deserve your loyalty. Those three little things could make a trip to the grocery store an afternoon delight... Go Macey's!

Let me know if WinCo does anything...maybe I can plant a seed at ours and get them thinking that they want to be more like the WinCo in Midvale

Paige Moore said...

I didn't know about the free ice cream cones until one day Miriam were having a particularly difficult time staying in the cart. I decided to just pay for a cone and hope that it helped. When I went to the counter I saw that there was a "complementary cone" on the menu. The next time we went, Miriam pointed to the deli counter as we passed and said "ice cream." So now it's a routine. As for the Smarties, I think that all Macey's workers carry them in their apron pockets. We don't always get them, but frequently the checker or the bagger will ask if Miriam can have Smarties. And the balloons are at the courtesy desk on the way out. I know now that the blown up ones by the aisle are for the taking. All three things are things I didn't know about when I was starting out this shopping-with-a-kid thing. But they do make it a lot better. I'll let you know about the WinCo offerings, if any.