Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Portland

Miriam and I spent a quick weekend in Portland, Oregon to attend and celebrate my brother Nathan's sealing to my sister-in-law Penny. We flew out Thursday and back in Saturday and had a fantastic time. All of my siblings were there with their kids and although it got a bit hectic at times, it was wonderful. Miriam had so much fun with her cousins! She has identified them through pictures for a long time, but it was so nice to see that she knows which name goes with which cousin in real life. And still does... a few of Henry's toys got mixed up in our Potato Head bag, and when Miriam comes across one of them she'll pick it up and say "En-y, En-y," and walk around like she's looking for Henry. And it was so nice to be at the Portland Temple with my parents and all of my siblings. What an amazing moment in time! Throughout the weekend and especially at the temple, Miriam's oldest cousin Malone watched out for her. And she loved him for it. Below are pictures of Miriam with Henry in their carseats, and Miriam holding Malone's hand on the way into the temple. Mom, I think I left her new magenta sweater in your purse. I hope so, at least, because it didn't make it back to Midvale with us. We had a wonderful time and I am so glad that I was there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry feels so happy to have his picture on your blog! Thanks for coming to Portland - We loved loved loved having you and Mim here!
Erin