Friday, October 10, 2008

Self-Sufficient

Our evening routine includes a bath, some quiet playtime, then a bottle to take to bed. Lately, Miriam has been choosing to take her bath in the sink rather than the tub. This is fine with me because if I'm watching the bath I can clean up the kitchen while she plays. The other day I was sweeping I realized things were pretty quiet so I looked to see what she was doing. Apparantly she was ready to go on to the next steps of the routine because she had crawled out of the bath side of the sink and was sitting in the dry side closest to the clean dishes. She had selected a newly cleaned bottle, filled it up with tap water, and twisted a nipple on it tight enough to keep at least some of the water in. I think she's already learned that if mom won't do something for you, sometimes it's easier just to do it yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is great - you go Miriam! I have an update to your last post, but I am putting it here because I wasn't sure you'd look to see if you had any new comments there. I HAVE THE MAGENTA SWEATER:)! You see, I just re-did a lamp shade to go in my bedroom, and the glue I used for the fringe still smells glue-y. So I went out to the Honda to get my X-O Odor Neutalizer from the Don Aslett store (which works great) and lo and behold, there was the magenta sweater on the passenger seat. I will bring it home to Boise at Thanksgiving! Have a great day!
LYL
Erin

Anonymous said...

I remember when your Uncle John got in the fridge, poured some canned milk, water, and karo syrup into it, screwed the lid on, and sat down to drink it. (that was the recipe for old fashioned baby formula) Grandpa Blacker said, "It's time we took that bottle away from him!" But, Mim is not quite as old as he was. Glad the sweater is in the Honda. I saw it after I dropped you at the airport but then Kels drove the Honda home from OMSI and I don't know why I didn't see it. But I knew it wasn't here so am relieved the lost is found.