Thursday, March 26, 2009

Home Again, Finnigan

Brent called me this morning from the hospital to say that Eli was coming home! Hooray! He had been off oxygen the entire night and they never had to use the "deep suctioning," but just the bulb that every baby comes home with from the hospital but rarely gets used, in my experience at least. But I now know how to use it. I'll admit I kind of freaked out when Brent told me he was ready to come home - what if he got sick again? What if he needed to be deep suctioned again? I guess I'm the kind of parent that is cool as a cucumber when the kid goes into the hospital, but scared to death when he comes home. Is that normal? It was just that all of the sudden we, his parents, had to take responsibility of his health again and I wasn't sure I was ready to do that. But when I got up there and saw the little guy, I could tell that he'd made huge improvements even in just the night that I'd been away from him. He got home about 3 this afternoon and has had such a calm and peaceful time since. He's been happy or sleeping the whole time he's been here and has only needed to be cleared out once. Welcome home Elijah!

3 comments:

heather said...

Oh yeah...that is normal! Hang in there, we will be praying for you.

Ginger said...

I'm glad that little Eli is home again, home again, jiggety-jig. I have to admit...seeing him on the stretcher did look like a bit much (only after I read the details and realized it was okay to laugh). But, it was so cute to see him waving. He's brilliant at such a young age!

Good luck keeping the kids healthy and staying healthy yourself!

Paige Moore said...

Heather: Thanks for validating my neuroticness!
Ginger: Thanks for laughing at my kid! Good luck on the arrival of your new one...!