Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Social Smile

What a difference a week makes! This is Eli last Tuesday. I know, it's pretty pathetic.

And this is him today.

I don't know if he was ready to socially smile last week and just didn't feel like it, or if it just hit perfectly, but he started working his dimple the day we got home from the hospital. He's also starting to talk a bit more. He likes to say "oh!" when we beep his nose. Yesterday he was sitting on Brent's lap on the couch with me and Miriam on either side of him and all of us were laughing at each "oh!" I remember when my sister Kelsey was a baby thinking how sad it must have been for Nathan, my oldest brother, to only have mom and dad to laugh at him. I'm so glad that Miriam likes Eli and thinks he's funny. I haven't done a scrapbook page for a long long time, but after a great photo shoot this morning, I put one together to mark this momentous day. Really it just means I get to show more pictures of my cute little boy without you having to scroll through them all. Never say I don't think of what's best for my blog followers.

4 comments:

Mom/Nana said...

I LOVE that boy!! Grateful he's better and is smiling about life. Guess he figured he'd better smile so he doesn't get put back in that hospital.

erin said...

Just like that joke of the parrot in the freezer who asked what bad word the frozen turkey said!

Ginger said...

He is adorable! I love the scrapbook page!

Enjoy your little ones...

Marika said...

He's really cute, Paige! I'm glad everything worked out and Eli is okay, now. :)