Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness

And this time it's not basketball. Things have been CRAZY lately. You can tell the state of my mind when I posted yesterday by my title. I tried to do a clever little acronym with the RSV thing, but Really Very Silly would be RVS. Which is... nothing, really. RSV is what we've got going on and, sigh, Really Silly Very doesn't make much sence. Anyway, Elijah is a star. He produces lots and lots of snot for the nurses to suction out. It's pretty gross but cool in a strange sort of way. He is still on oxygen, but it's a really low level. The doctors say that he should be off of oxygen for 12-24 hours before they let him go home so we're still just hanging out here. And here is a good place to be. Primary Children's is seriously the best hospital I have ever had anything to do with. Great nurses, very friendly and personable care. I feel that they actually know who I am and want to help me and they take the time to know me and Elijah. So thanks for all of your Pennies By The Inch donations. I'm reaping the benefits. I'm at the computer station in the Parent Support Center now, but I'm heading back upstairs to check on my little guy. My mom got here this evening so she's rocking him now. Miriam loves being here, but politely requested to stay home and play this afternoon, so Brent's with her. WHAT A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD!

2 comments:

Kimber Family said...

I wish you the best! I hope things run smoothly from here on out and you get to take the little guy home to rest and re- cooperate there. They seem to always do better at home don't they? My oldest had RSV when he was a few months old so I know what you are going through, I love the photos! I am glad you got some. Hopefully this will be his first and ONLY ambulance ride! :) For moms sake anyways!

kristen said...

Wow... that is quite a story.
Cool ambulance pictures, Eli!!! I hope he feels better & you get to go home soon!