Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Month of Elijah


Eli turned a month old on Monday. I tell you, I simply adore this kid! For the most part, he's pretty chill. Yesterday Brent had city council so I was doing the nighttime bath books bottle bed routine alone. At one point, I had a post-bath Eli on the couch getting his pajamas on when a supposed-to-still-be-in-the-bath Miriam came running through the room. I set Elijah up with some homework and made sure he could see the window blinds (perhaps his favorite thing in the world to look at) (besides his mama, of course) and went to finish cleaning Miriam. Including a face wash and hair shampoo. Eli just laid on the couch taking it all in. Amazing. Anyway, he's a wonderfully amazing little boy. He usually has only two or three short wake-ups in a night. And although the past few nights have been the exception, I'm going to say that they're the exception and not the new normal. He fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, is no longer in the running for World's Homeliest Baby. His receding hairline has receded enough to make him look pleasantly bald and not the malnourished thin and scraggly look he had for a while, his cradle cap has mostly all flaked away, his baby acne is clearing up quite nicely and if we're lucky won't scar (it was really bad for a while). He adores his mama and daddy, and knows when they are in the room. He also knows when Miriam is in the room and loves her too. He's also very forgiving when her love and adoration are a bit too smothering. I love that I can hear his humming and squeaking whether I'm rocking him or he's sleeping across the room. I love his eyes, his facial expressions, his hand control, and mostly I JUST LOVE ELIJAH!

3 comments:

Nat said...

"Homeliest baby"-that's funny! Yes, all babies I think go through that stage; Jakob (my oldest) had the acne REALLY bad, but there's no scarring, thank goodness. And Ivy got "cradle cap" in her eyebrows! So weird.

I loved your post about the TV shows, but didn't get a chance to comment. We used to watch Disney channel (before we got rid of our TV service), and there were some things and shows I liked, and some I hated. Like Handy Mandy? Yeah, it's all about hating the white man, I swear! Or the Doodlebops: are they people? Aliens? Crazy.

heather said...

Okay I really think he is adorable. Isn't it nice to have a chill baby?

Anonymous said...

You were one of my chill babies. I remember DeAnn Olson saying you must have brain damage because ALL normal babies cry......then when she had Camille, she apologized for that comment because she now had a chill baby. I miss that little boy. What a sweetie. lyl