Monday, July 20, 2009

Where's the beef?

Guess which part of an Oreo cookie is Miriam's favorite? This was on my kitchen floor the other morning. There were similar piles in other parts of the kitchen, as well as in front of the television.















Elijah, however, prefers them whole. This was at a ward party. Eli loved the after-dinner cookie bits the second counselor in the bishopric kept slipping to him.















In other grocery-related news, I revisited the babyfood making business and am much happier with the results. I skipped the grinder and just blended, then scooped it into ice trays (thanks for the tip, Kacie!). It took very little time and very little effort and so far he likes them great. He didn't even shudder on the last feeding of peas, and that's pretty good for him (green veggies have never sat well with him).

And in still more grocery-related news, I bought a pack of hamburger the other day. When I went to bag it and freeze it, it wasn't in the fridge. Nor was it in the freezer already. Nor could I find it in the car, the kitchen, or anywhere else. Nor have I smelled it fermenting anywhere. Obviously I either left it at the store or somebody took it out of my cart on our walk to the car. Sure is a good thing I'm saving money on babyfood!

1 comment:

Nat said...

My kids like the stuffing part, too. Of course, that's still MY favorite part, as well.