Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. The main activity is being with family, cooking and eating a great meal, watching football, and in general just being together. The main purpose is to recognize and thank our Heavenly Father for the multitude of amazing blessings we have received. It is all of the family-ness of Christmas without all of the expectations. This year Miriam, Brent, and I traveled to Boise and spent Christmas with my entire immediate family. All my siblings, all their spouses, and virtually all their children (one step-niece opted for Coos Bay instead, although I sure can't see why) were in attendance. It was crowded and wonderful. I am so thankful to come from the family that I do, where there is love and understanding and enjoyment of each other. Miriam loved being at "Nana's house," and very quickly identified her favorite activities. She now knows all of her cousins by name in person rather than just in pictures. This picture isn't from the Thanksgiving meal, but rather soup the night before. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at this bar with all my siblings hundreds of times in my life. It just thrilled me to see my daughter and her cousins at the same table, sitting on the same chairs, and enjoying the same delicious cooking that I did. There is just so much to be thankful for!

No comments: