Monday, January 19, 2009

Great men


Miriam has developed a great interest in money. I have a coin jar where I throw all my loose change, and she knows where it is and how to get it down to play with. She puts the coins in the bathtub, under the rug, in the couch, and everywhere else. She also remembers where they are and can show you. She thinks its really funny to say "where money?" and then lift up the rug and say "there it is!" She loves it, and I love hearing her say "more money please?" when she gets to the bottom of the jar. I know just how she feels. Anyway, yesterday Brent and Miriam were playing money. He held out a nickel to her and asked her whose picture was on it. Not having discussed this with her previously, I was interested to hear her response. She looked at it carefully and solemnly said, "Jesus." They only put Very Important People on coins, ya know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so so cute! I just recently realized that Henry knows who every picture of Jesus is. They got one picture in nursery and talked about it. Then he started pointing up to another picture (different picture) and said "Jesus" til someone acknowledged him. Then he walked across the room and pointed and yet a different picture (also very high up on the wall...at the top of the whiteboard) and said "Jesus!" When we got home I had to test and sure enough, the non-Jesus pictures he didn't know, but he got 100% accuracy without cueing on the pictures of Jesus. They must be friends. I also wanted to comment that I love the title of this post. Quite clever you are!

Paige Moore said...

Wow! 100% accuracy without cuing! I was taught you never even WROTE goals that high cause you wanted to give the kid a chance to accomplish it! WAY TO GO HENRY!