Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm getting better at this...

I finally sat down and watched some tutorials about my scrapbooking software and I feel so much more competent and so much more able to do things. Funny how a little education will make that happen. I've figured out things like "actions," which brighten a picture or make it sepia toned or black and white. I can add "elements" and feel like I have seen enough to not make them feel awkward but rather that they accentuate the page. I've downloaded freebies from other sites and incorporated them into my doings. I really have had a lot of fun. And I really need to start setting a timer when I sit down to work on it because I could keep doing different things and dig into old pictures and just spend forever if I could. But I am going to post a few of my favorites that I've been doing lately. The first is a very simple page of when Miriam was a baby. In the sake of full disclosure of copyrights, the background is a freebie from simplementscrap.free.fr. The second set is the first of my version of the "365 Project." The idea is to take a picture a day and get the "daily living" portion of life instead of the highlights like scrapbooking usually does. I've kind of changed it to a photo scrap journal. I don't worry if I miss a day :). It's desiged to be side by side pages, but I don't know if they'll post that way. You can get the idea though, from what's here. The backgrounds and some elements come from the "It's a Boys World" kit from sweetblossomdesigns.blogspot.com. The rest of them came with the My Memories Suite Software. Enjoy! I certainly have!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder how long it would take me to compile all my photos into a scrapbook.......hmmmm 42 years worth!!???

Paige Moore said...

A long long long time... but I would help you!